If you are a home buyer getting ready to jump into home ownership and plan to obtain a loan there are a few things you can do to save yourself a ton of frustration.
- Make sure your ID is valid and shows your current residence as your address
- Make sure you have bank accounts / utility bills and so on with the correct address
- When you sign your offer, make sure you date each place a date is asked for
- Create a file for all your paystubs and bank statements to go into so they can be easily obtained
- Document where your earnest money, appraisal fees or other fees come from
These seem to be easy items - but when your loan hits final underwititng it is amazing the silly things that can cause a hiccup - cross your t's and dot your i's and closing will be much smoother.