Are you using your MLS database content as a strategy to compete for traffic on the Internet? Did you know that your typical IDX display is invisible to the search engines? This is because the listings are housed in an i-frame which the search engines cannot crawl. If they can't crawl the listings, the content cannot be indexed. If it can't be indexed, it cannot be considered as a match for someone's search. For some of you that information might be SEO 101, but for others it may still come as a surprise.
So why would any website provider ignore the massive content available within MLS databases? In most cases it's because website providers are not automatically SEO experts. While they may be able to create a beautiful site with lots of fun features, it doesn't do a great deal of good if no one on the Internet can find you unless you send them there via a specific address.
Understanding how the search engines work and utilizing the best practices, site architecture and optimization is crucial to developing ranking for keywords.
To go a step further, a web provider needs to understand how to take advantage of "free" content like the content that's available to you through your association with your local MLS. By categorizing, optimizing and presenting the listings in a themed format, the search engines and homebuyers are given hundreds of doorways in which to access your website!
The methods that we apply to search engine optimization provides outstanding results. ActiveRainer's typically have one step ahead from the average real estate agent because they already understand the power of blogging and being involved with social media. These practices coupled with a powerhouse real estate technology like Dynamic Page Solutions has created can give any agent the ability to compete any competitor's website despite age or amount of backlinks and that's a fact!
Check the results for our client that has already made it to page one for the competitive term, "Chino Hills Homes" in three months. But the true beauty of this success story is that he not only wins on the competitive terms which account for 30% of traffic, he's winning on long tail keywords that account for the other 70%.
Branding, Internet Visibility and Quality Lead Generation are the foundation for our philosophy on developing a successful real estate business
Want to know more about long tail? Check out my longtail Squidoo lens