IRS Clarifies What's Needed to Claim Tax Credit

Reblogger the Chris & Lisa Grus Team
Real Estate Broker/Owner with Premier Realty Exclusive MO license #2005035566

Original content by Don Wixom

IRS Clarifies What's Needed to Claim Tax Credit

The Internal Revenue Service has clarified which documentation taxpayers need to submit to claim the first-time and move-up homebuyer tax credit.

While the IRS is still requiring the filing of Form 5405, it is not demanding that all parties' signatures be on the HUD-1 settlement document in areas where requiring both the buyer and the seller to sign the document isn't common.

The IRS clarification says: "In areas where signatures are not required on the settlement document, the IRS has clarified that it will accept a settlement statement if it is completed and valid according to local law. ... The IRS encourages those buyers to sign the settlement statement prior to attaching it to the tax return."

For repeat buyers, the IRS is seeking documentation that home buyers have lived in the previous property for a consecutive five of the past eight years. Proof can include property tax records, home owner insurance records, or mortgage interest statements. Source: Source: Washington Post (02/20/2010)




Always looking out for your next move...(sm) on Idaho Real Estate,

Nampa Idaho Realtor, Don Wixom  RE/MAX Advantage  (208) 880-5039



Subscribe to my BLOG


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At

Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


the Chris & Lisa Grus Team

Call or Text me with your real estate aspirations!

Additional Information