Yesterday I received the following email from a Yahoo account.
I was browsing the internet and ran across your ad. I'm an investor in this area (Illinois) and I have 30+ buyers who are B/C credit and I'm working with them to put them in a rent to own home. I need someone who can help my people within a week to run their credit, and give me a timeline for them to get qualified.
In addition 11% of my buyers qualify for a loan, and many of the other 89% will qualify eventually and use your services.
I will send you unlimited leads until they buy a house from you. At that time I will invoice you for $500.00 payable to me. If you send me your leads, that don't qualify for a loan, but fit my lease option program, I will pay you $500.00.
If you're interested please return my email ASAP (including the best way to contact you back). Some of my buyers need to move in within the next 2 weeks.
Thanks for you time,
As much as I would love to help the 30+ buyers this man may have achieve their dream of home ownership, I wont pay for it. It seems to me that this was to be interpreted as some type of lead, rather than paying for referrals.
Rick and Lynn Orze of ReMax All Pro were also solicited the other day through email. The only difference is this person used a real company address. His email explained how he would like to grow his business quickly and would pay a fee for each referral they sent over! See their blog on this.
Tougher times are here for the Real Estate and Mortgage industry. We are all having to work a little harder than we have in the past 5 years. But I will work harder, the possibility of a 5 X 9 cell isn't that appealing to me.