I hear about all these wonderful marketing plans, I even have one, but the truth is if you do not know who is going to buy your home you may not be advertising in the right places!
Think about this and then consider who are the buyers for your home or property.
The buyer for a two story may not be the same buyer for a ranch.
- Some buyers can not handle the stairs so a two story in not in consideration unless it has a main floor master, then the upper bedrooms are guest rooms. Most parents do not want to be separated from children in case of emergency like fire, storms and other events. So this limits them to certain types of homes.
- Some people want seclusion so a sub-division is probably not for them.
- Some buyers are looking for low maintenance and minimal lawn care because of a busy lifestyle, a condo may be their thing.
- Some buyers want pools or associations features like pools, tennis courts and golf and the list goes on.
- Some have large families and need 4 or 5 bedrooms....others only use bedroom for visitors.
The choices are endless and buyers look for properties in certain publications, search on the Internet with key words and buyers agents do the same thing with the MLS. Buyers agents review layouts, lifestyle options that meet their client needs. Buyers look for features and benefits the either create or change their current life style for the better.
So how do you attract buyers to your property?
- Your photos have to show visually the key feature of your home and property.
- Your written copy has to be descriptive painting an inviting picture for your target buyer.
- You advertising has to be placed in publications that the target buyer will use to find his ideal property. I would not look in at condo ads if I wanted elbow room and property.
- Internet listings with virtual tours, property descriptions and locations are also key.
Most high performance agents will offer many listing options to market your property but the agent that will sell your property already knows who is going to buy your property they just don't know their name!
Your best bet to sell is to do the research and make sure you are willing to handle the liability that comes with selling your home or interview agents that have proven backgrounds in marketing properties to sell. I hope this has given you some insight into selling your property.