It is troubling that 60+ Toyota owners claim their cars are not fixed. Toyota issued the largest recall in history.
- Uncontrolled acceleration has killed over 30 people and injured scores more.
It came to light during testimony before Congress that Toyota may have withheld critical documents from litigants. Those documents would indicate Toyota was aware of the problem much earlier than they have admitted.
- The companies lack of timely response is quite evident, and may have led to the death of owners, after the company was informed.
We are seeing "warm and fuzzy" commercials from Toyota every day. These commercials promise the company's focus is total customer satisfaction. Toyota claims they are working 24/7 to repair recalled vehicles and restore their company image and faith in their products.
- Cut the hype Toyota and fix these cars or buy them back from owners.
This is one case the government should get involved to protect the American public. Make Toyota buy back these death wagons.
- Why should anyone be forced to pay for something that has the potential of killing them?
Reports are now surfacing that vehicles "fixed" under this recall still have the same acceleration issues.
- Toyota is spending millions of dollars in TV advertising. They are offering generous incentives to sell their 2010 models. Are you willing to trust them?
We've experienced model recalls before. The infamous Ford Bronco II is an example. In the past, dangerous vehicles have been limited to a specific model.
- Almost every model Toyota manufactures including the luxury Lexus may be a death trap on wheels.