Many agents come into this business for the money.....other than the education for the exam, what do they bring to be successful. The dollar.....is that all we're made up of, our desire for a profit?
I was Meme'd by Rey "Steak Dinner" Gallegos: Loan Officer Las Vegas, NV, and have been neglecting to get this done, so finally here it is.
Here are the 5 things that come to mind, and all that have helped me not be a stastic when I started in this business, well, except for the cookies :)
1) When I was younger I wanted to grow up to be a WRITER of children's books. This has remained in the back of my mind, and I always say i will write one before I die. To be truthful I have a manuscript in my file cabinet that I have never done anything with, it's a cute story I wrote for a 3 year old Foster Child. In the meantime I have ghost written many speeches, articles, and training materials.
This picture was drawn by a Romanian artist for a manual I wrote on working with children with AIDS, and Street Children going into the newly formed Foster Care System in Romania in 1997.
2) I have been a Foster Mother at various times for over 20 years. I would take the children no one wanted: the Gang kids, the emotionally disturbed ones that had been kicked out of the school systems, etc. I only wanted long term care as it is very emotionally draining working with children that have problems. it also takes time to undo the negative behaviors they learned as survival skills.
I am the mother of 5 and Grandmother of 7 aged 4 to 18.
3) I LOVE Photography....it relaxes me. These 2 photos were on exhibit for a Photography Contest. I had sat in the sun (115 degrees) waiting for that lizard to stand up on the rock. Photography gives me such a sense of peace and accomplishment when I can get the shot i want :)
4) I love SWEETS. If you can remember the old HELMS MAN you know they used to drive through the neighborhoods with a truck full of the most delicious donughts.......in fact my first charge account was with the Helms Man....I would charge my donuts sometimes, and he would let me pay him the next time he came by.
I also eat cookies in Bed....that's only known by a select few people though :)
5) I have been described many times as being an Intense person that thinks "a million thoughts a minute". I am also an optimistic and sentimental person that tries to find the good in everything I see, or experience. Oh, I'm a realist too :) but finding the beauty in what others see as "less than" is a big part of my personality.
Louie Armstrong's "What a Wonderful World" brings tears to my eyes, and Frank Sinatra's "I did it my way" is the song I have told everyone to play at my funeral.
I cry with sad movies, and get angry when people take advantage of others. I am opinionated, outspoken, and loyal to those that I choose, or who have chosen me. I am complicated, yet simple, and love the simple things in life.
Ok, I think that pretty much sums up who I am....a MEME for sure. I feel optimisim Now for the 3 people I tag....
1X) Randy L. Prothero (R), CRS, GRI Hawaii Randy's Blogs have sensitivity, humor, and experience.
2) Bobby Carroll - Real Estate Marketing I book-marked him immediately upon reading one of his posts, and he not only answered my comment, but his responses are simple "down to earth" and helpful.
3) Steven L. Smith, Bellingham WA Home Inspector He wrote the very first comment on my very first blog post...agreeing on what a good community AR is.
Nix Randy-he has already done 3.....I am choosing Colleen Graves-a wonderful person who is new here, and has been an Escrow Officer for over 30 years.