I was a bit taken back when I was meme'd by Melissa Olson. Generally I like to fly under the radar leave a few comments, do a post or two and vanish into the night. I leave the heavy blogging to Dan the Running Man. So to come up with 5 things, that you did not know about me......hum, I needed to give this some heavy duty thought.
1) I met the man of my dreams when I was 17, on a blind date no less. My sister fixed us up. We have been together ever since, and there is no one I would rather share my life with. It has been almost 30 years now. My sister also fixed up another couple on the same day; they also have been married many years. So, never let my sister fix you up!
2) I love to read! I will read just about anything. And many times I will be reading two or three books at once. When I have nothing new to read I will re-read old books. When I find an author I like I will read everything they have ever written. My youngest son is always amazed when I can remember the plot from a novel that I read in elementary school. I have books all over the house and one whole wall in my office is filled with books.
3) Even through I love to read I cannot spell! Never could. Had one teacher in 5th grade try and teach me, but she gave up. I hated the saying "Just look in up in the dictionary", because I could never get anyone to understand that I could not just look it up for I didn't even know what letter the word began with! I spent many nights in school going through the whole dictionary looking up words. I think spell check is the world's greatest invention.
4) I'm a picky eater and eat very little. There are very few vegetables that I will eat. I am a meat and potatoes kind of gal. I'm a junk food queen. I have been known at restaurants to order dessert for my meal. For if I order a meal I will be too full for dessert! My motto is I eat to live, not live to eat!
5) I'm a strong believer in public service and giving back to your community. My family was always involved in community service, and I grew up with the notion that it was something everyone did. That you need to find something whether it's a local charity, town government, PTA, or your local church and become involved. However, you never do it for the recognition or the hopes of increasing your business, you do it in the hopes that you will leave this world a little better off than you found it.
Well, as my son used to say, as he opened his last Christmas present, Guess I'm done!