I've learned a lot about the perception of home staging since launching my Empire. I've met with and spoken with literally hundreds of realtors and have heard every imaginable opinion on home staging ranging from "I'm a huge advocate of your services!" to "Home staging is ridiculous; I can sell my listings regardless of how they show". I'm not here to sell you on home staging, the statistics speak for themselves. Home staging is quickly becoming an industry standard and a powerful marketing tool that make homes sell faster & for higher prices. So, why, as a realtor, should you partner with a home stager?
1. Value added service - By including a home staging consultation with each of your listings, you are automatically adding value to your clients' experience. Stay a step ahead of your competition; if you don't include staging as part of your services, your competitors will!
2. Exceed expectations - Home staging is becoming more and more well known by home owners and is considered quite trendy. Believe me, home owners love home staging and it gets them talking. Overheard on many occasions while working with a client "Oh Hi Susan, can I call you back? I'm with my home stager. I know! I feel like I should be on HGTV. It IS cool. I'll call you later" Get your clients talking - and get referrals coming your way!
3. Generate immediate interest on MLS - More than 80% of buyers begin their search online. Staged properties shine among the listings and automatically generate lots of interest. Take a look through MLS and you'll see exactly what I mean. Don't be a "what not to do" example!
4. Prevent price reductions - When properties don't move, the first step is likely a price reduction which is usually a minimum of $10K. The cost of staging is a fraction of a price reduction; home staging actually saves the home owner money!
5. Avoid awkward conversations - Let your home stager have the delicate conversation with your client about packing up their porcelain doll collection. People are very proud of their homes & collections; home stagers specialize in having these conversations without offending the home owner. As an outsider coming in as an expert on showcasing properties, we offer objective advice and do the dirty work for you.
6. Maintain & build your image and reputation - Staged properties photograph beautifully and practically market themselves online. Ensure each of your listings shine on MLS; potential clients will surely notice your listings are pristine, sell quickly and will be the first to call you when they want to sell.
7. Understand EXACTLY what home staging is - I can't emphasize this enough! HGTV has been an excellent promoter of home staging, however, many people are under the impression that staging involves a team of contractors, a truck full of rental furniture and the lives of the home owners turned upside down. Home staging can be elaborate, complete with renovations, rental items and contractors, however, 99% of the time, that's not the case. Home stagers can work their magic with the existing belongings of the home owner, often just re-arranging furniture and accessories and pre-packing items to be stored while the home is on the market.