The signs of spring are appearing! Flowers are beginning to pop , birds are singing, and there is an Open House sign on every street corner in Richmond, Va. ! With so many Open Houses we need a course on how to act in an Open House to make the day fantastic!
First of all lets look at who stops to view an open house.
- Serious buyers - people who are looking at purchasing a home in the next 60 days or so
- Possible buyers - people who aren't really looking but if they find something may be spurred into action
- people who just love to see houses, were driving by and thought they would come in!
As a Realtor here in Richmond, Va. I love seeing all of you! Even if you aren't thinking of moving you know someone who is and if you like the house you will pass information to others. That is what I am hoping you will do! So if you see an Open House sign , come inside!! But while you are visiting please follow some rules of etiquette.
- Park your car on the street or in areas designed for parking cars. Please do not park cars on the grass.
- Before entering the house please check your shoes for mud, and if they are muddy please take them off at the door.
- Take off high heels upon entering. Older heels may leave dents on hardwood floors.
- Please sign in using your own name with correct contact information.
- Refrain from using the restrooms.
- If you have children with you please teach them not to run in the house, touch the windows, lie on the sofa, play with the toys (unless they have been left out for them specifically to play with), jump on the beds, and eat out of the refrigerator.
- Please leave all food and drink outside unless you are told it is okay to bring something in.
- No swearing!
- Do not open drawers ,touch furniture , or personal items
Feel free to :
- wander through the house
- ask questions
- walk outside
- open closets, bathroom and kitchen cabinets.
- Ask what conveys (stays) with the house
- request information on utility bills
- Poke your head in the attic
If you like the house, and feel you need a deeper inspection, make an appointment to return. Crawling through the crawl space, figuring out the depth of insulation in the attic, or measuring for drapes should be done at a later time.
On behalf of my sellers, thanks for coming, and thank you, in advance, for understanding this is their home.
Please visit my website: www.BettySellsHouses.com to find open houses to visit!