Here a list of the mortgage companies that are a part of the HAMP (Loan Modification) program. Those companies that are signed up for the HAMP program must offer the HAFA (Short Sale) program to homeowners and if the Short Sale does not work, they have the option of the DIL (Deed in Lieu) of Foreclosure.
Homeowners should check this list only if they do not have a FHA financing loan. Fannie Mae is the actual overseer of the HAFA program guidelines.
- American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc
- Assurant, Inc.
- Aurora Loan Services
- Bank of America
- Bayview Financial
- Carrington Mortgage Services, LLC
- Citigroup, Inc. (Citi Mortgage / Citi Residential)
- First Horizon Home Loans and First Tennessee Home Loans
- GMAC Mortgage
- Home Loan Services, Inc. (d/b/a First Franklin Loan Services & NationPoint Loan Services)
- HomEq Servicing
- HSBC Finance-Beneficial
- HSBC Finance-HFC
- HSBC Mortgage Corporation
- HSBC Mortgage Services
- JP Morgan Chase
- Litton Loan Servicing
- LoanCare Servicing Center
- MetLife Home Loans
- Nationstar Mortgage, LLC
- Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC
- OneWest Bank
- PMI Mortgage Insurance Co.
- PNC Mortgage
- Quicken Loans
- Residential Credit Solutions
- RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Corporation
- Saxon Mortgage Services / Morgan Stanley
- Select Portfolio Servicing, Inc.
- State Farm
- Strategic Recovery Group
- SunTrust Mortgage, Inc.
- Vericrest Financial Inc.
- Wells Fargo and Company (Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / Wells Fargo Financial)
- Wilshire Credit Corporation
If your mortgage servicer is not on this list, you may have a FHA loan and would fall under the GSE (Government Servicers (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac..).
To find out if your mortgage is Fannie Mae owned - go to the mortgage lookup for Fannie Mae:
To find out if your mortgage is Freddie Mac owned - go to the Does Freddie Mac Own your mortgage:
Subscribe to CommentsComment