Recently we have heard of a number of arrests involving homegrown terrorists. This trend seems to have exploded over night.
After doing some research it was revealed that other arrests have taken place around the country without much fanfare. Probably many more exist that have not been reported or have been played down in the media.
HOMEGROWN TERRORISTS OF NOTE:
- In July 2009 7 men were arrested in North Carolina for conspiring to commit a terrorist attack. Daniel Boyd a Muslim convert, and his co-conspirators were accused of planning a Jihad attack. PBS Article
- Colleen Larose better known as Jihad Jane. She was involved in a plot to kill a Swedish cartoonist who published cartoons of Mohammad. News Article
- February 23, 2010 Najibullah Zazi pleaded guilty to terrorism and planning to blow up buildings and subways .Zazi is an American born Terrorist. News Article
- Jamie Paulin-Ramirez was arrested March 13, 2010, as a co-conspirator in the plot to kill the Swedish cartoonist. News Article
- Jamie Paulin-Ramirez was turning her 6 year old son into a baby bomber. He was heard preaching that Christians would burn in hell. In addition, friends and family members recognized that she had 3 way conversations between herself, Jihad Jane and Najibullah Zazi. News Article
- March 7, 2010 Adam Gadahn, long on Washington's most wanted list was arrested in Pakistan. He is a treasonous Al Qaeda leader from California. New Article
- Sharif Mobley a South Jersey resident was arrested in Yemen for terrorist activities March 12, 2010. He formerly worked in at least 5 nuclear power plants on the east coast. After he was arrested he was taken to a hospital where he shot and killed a guard.
- According to reports Mobley was in contact with radical cleric, Anwar al-Awlaki. Awlaki is linked to Christmas day bomber Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab. Mobley was also linked to Philadelphia native Jihad Jane and the Fort Hood shooter Major Nidal Malik Hassan. News Article
- Kimberly "Asma" Al-Homsi and Yasinul Alan Ansari were arrested February 15, 2010 in Arlington Texas on Federal Explosives Charges. She has repeatedly been a subject of interest to federal anti-terrorist investigators. News Article
One has to wonder if our security and intelligence gathering in the U.S., is capable of keeping up with what appears to be a growing ground swell.
It seems that no matter what measures we put in place, those determined to slaughter us, find another way.
- Many profess that war is an unacceptable method to deal with an enemy. At least with a war you have two or more armies clashing on the field of battle. In the end, one side wins and one sides loses. Both sides end the conflict and life eventually returns to normal.
We can no longer feel we are secure in our homes and our country.
The battle field could erupt during morning rush hour at your local 7-11. You could be enjoying a movie with your family when the theater explodes around you. An innocent looking child being pushed in a stroller at your local mall, could be the device to bury you under tons of concrete. Perhaps a youngster will sit in the lunch room with your child and blow himself up.
Is this the new America?
Are we closer than ever to another 9/11? Can we seriously say it is only isolated individuals? The horror machine seems to have spread its tentacles throughout our country.
- Take a good look at the folks you encounter in your daily lives. They look normal and respectable. They go about their business just like you do. Can you be assured that you are not pouring coffee next to a terrorist at the 7-11?
Is it a country trying to destroy us? Is it an ethnic race we can recognize? The threat, violence and murder plots all swirl around a religion. Is it the religion or a carefully crafted political movement disguising itself within a protected group? Regardless it's a faceless enemy, without ethnicity or country of origin. It's like boxing with a shadow.
- How can we defend ourselves? What can we do to rid the radicals from within our borders?
It is our governments job to keep us safe and secure. Their job is to ensure we are able to pursue the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
Are you confident they are equipped to do it?
What should we as Americans be demanding from our government?