Lone Tree Arts Center Groundbreaking
Residents of Lone Tree had reason to come out to celebrate today. It was the official groundbreaking ceremony for the much awaited Arts Center.
Warm balmy breezes welcomed us as we listened to the congratulatory speeches by Lisa Rigsby Peterson, the Executive Director, Keith Simon, VP of Coventry Development, Art Bouton, Chair of Lone Tree Cultural Arts Foundation, Jack O'Boyle, Former Mayor and Jim Gunning presiding Mayor of the City of Lone Tree.
The Lone Tree Symphony Orchestra's Brass Quintet entertained us with music. I loved seeing them sit in front of the big yellow earth mover. What a contrast it made!
The Arts Center is comprised of:
- The 43,000 square foot Arts Center is located on approximately 5.3 acres (donated to the City)
- 500 seat proscenium theater
- 50 foot stage house
- Flexible performance and meeting space
- Grand Entry Hall and gallery space
- Break-out rooms
- Catering provisions
- Intimate outdoor amphitheater
- The Arts Center is designed to meet US Green Building Council's LEED Certification
- Intended facility users include touring ad regional performance groups, community organizations, producers, event planners and corporations
- Land donated from Coventry development
- In 2008, City of Lone Tree residents passed a bond issue allocating $18.5M for design and construction
- The Arts Center is intended as a gathering point opposite the new City Prk to the East allowing two civic amenities anchoring the future pedestrian-focused development, including parks, landscaping, shopping, dining and more
The Arts Center is one more good reason for living in the City of Lone Tree. Our community continues to grow with planned development for the good of the area.
For more information and how to get involved with the Lone Tree Cultural Arts Foundation you are welcome to call: 720.880.2499