Ohio's $10.5 million Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program officially runs from March 26 to April 19,
Before you start the process:
Ohio residential consumers should review the official Eligibility requirements to ensure eligibility to participate in the Ohio Energy Efficient Appliance Rebate Program. Go to www.ohioappliancerebate.com.
Consumers should check the list of qualified ENERGY STAR® products eligible for a rebate.
How to get your rebate:
Ohio residents can start the reservation process beginning at 8:00 am on Friday, March 26, 2010.
RESERVE your rebate online by clicking the "Get Your Rebate" button located in the Features section and completing the required reservation form.
* You will need your Reservation Number to locate your rebate. This information will also be required to redeem online or by phone.
If you do not have access to internet you may reserve your rebate by phone at 1-888-686-8896.
Purchase your eligible ENERGY STAR® qualified appliance from an Ohio retailer, vendor or contractor.
→ Be sure to keep your original sales receipt.
Within 3 days of your reservation date, go online to www.OhioApplianceRebate.com to REDEEM your rebate by completing the redemption form.
→ Click the "Get Your Rebate" button located in the Features section.
* Make note of the Reservation Number assigned to your reservation. The quickest way for consumers to redeem their rebates is online. If you do not have access to internet you may redeem your rebate by phone at 1-888-686-8896. You will need to follow the instructions provided by the customer service representative for redeeming your rebate.
Print out your redemption form. Save your redemption form for when you are ready to mail in all your required supporting documentation.
* If you made your reservation by phone you will need to follow the instructions provided by the customer service representative for redeeming your rebate.
Recycle your old appliance. Obtain proof of recycling.
→ Click here to learn more about recycling options.
Mail in the following material: redemption form, original receipt, and if applicable proof of recycling to the address provided on the redemption form. You have 30 days from appliance purchase date to mail in this paperwork to claim your rebate.
Track the status of your rebate at www.OhioApplianceRebate.com
→ Click the "Get Your Rebate" button located in the Features section of the website.
* You will need your Reservation Number and phone number to track the status of your rebate.
Get your rebate in the mail!
→ Consumers can expect to receive their rebate in 8-10 weeks.
* Rebate checks must be cashed within 120 days after the check date.
100 off refrigerators at least 7.75 cubic feet or larger (26,172 rebates available);
$150 off clothes washers (24,428 rebates);
$100 off dishwashers (20,938 rebates);
$100 off high-efficiency gas storage water heaters (15,703 rebates);
and $250 off electric heat pump water heaters. (2,094 rebates)
Everyone will have up to five rebates, one for each kind of appliance.