Where are all the sellers? I am amazed at the lack of inventory in the Greater New Haven Area of CT...and I am sure in most parts of CT. I have buyers who are qualified for condo's and residential homes and there is a lack of housing inventory. Please sellers if you are thinking of selling get off the fence you have FIVE (5) weeks left to have a buyer take advantage of the tax credit and receive $8,000 if they are a first time buyer...and you too can take advantage if you have been in your home for at least 5 years and receive a tax credit of $6,500 on your next home, same guidelines apply.
- Current Guidelines: Homes/condo's must be under signed contract by April 30, 2010 and closed by June 30, 2010 in order to receive tax rebates.
Reasons now is a good time to sell:
- Spring Time Market is here already and we need homes to sell
- Rates are at an all time low
- Qualified Buyers are currently pre-approved
- Time line for mortgage committments are averaging 45-50 days
- Closings must take place by June 30, 2010