In her post today, Jane Anne said, "When you are looking for vacation property that is a good investment, Asheville has what it takes. " As leaders in the second and vacation rental business we were so pleased to read what she had to say. She mentioned that Asheville has been noted as one of the "Top 10" places to invest in a second and/or vacation rental home. We are re-blogging her post as we think it will be of interest to our readers.
"The Top 10 Places to Buy a Second Home," read the headline. Curious, I read on to find Asheville, N.C #1. ."This mountain town boasts the Biltmore Estate and a thriving arts and crafts community...." Reporting for MSN Money Liz Weston includes in that assessment communities that offer weather, scenery and active real estate markets. As I read on, I saw that the second and vacation home statistics were gathered a few years back. Does this hold true today?
Personal experience in the second and vacation home market tells me Asheville is right up there.
In fact. in a post I wrote recently, I noted Asheville's current (2010) strong market for second and vacation homes.
When you are looking for vacation property that is a good investment, Asheville has what it takes. Here is my list of 7 factors to consider when investing in a second and/or vacation home:
7 Second-Vacation Home Investor Factors to Consider
- An alluring, eco-friendly, and welcoming setting.
- Not too far from a larger town and airport. (maybe few hour drive.)
- Things to do and see. Recreational benefits
- Cultural amenities: Like the Biltmore Estate, the Diana Wortham Theater, The Thomas Wolfe Memorial , a veritable plethora of amazing galleries and wonderful restaurants in which to enjoy delightfully -prepared food. ( I love the idea of local food from organic farms.)
- Comfortable weather a good part of the year so that you can actually get out to enjoy the amenities.
- The commercial investment factors- (how is Smart Growth doing in the area?)
- The "IN PLACE" factor. Some have it, like Santa Fe, NM, Sedona, AZ, Telluride, CO...and Asheville N.C.
Many of our second and/or vacation home clients have first enjoyed rental staysin Asheville from Carolina Mornings . Impressed with the quality of service and life here in Asheville, they soon discovered they wanted to purchase property in Asheville. (photo shows one of our land clients who came for a visit then began looking for property on which to build her equestrian retreat) As I mentioned, "When you are looking for vacation property that is a good investment, Asheville has what it takes!"
Asheville NC Real Estate: LAND and LOT EXPERTS- Going Green/ Eco-Friendly Properties. Tools for Sellers and Buyers. Mountain Homes, Land Legacies, LOTS and Land For Sale by Owners.
(*)/'(*) .......... ............" We are on the roll for sustainable innovation." © 2010. Asheville NC Real Estate Unauthorized reproduction of any information on this site is a violation of existing copyright laws. All rights reserved. © Second-Vacation Homes: Asheville's Treasure Chest- Top 10 Places to Buy a Second Home.