The Internet has revolutionized the real estate market. Before the web, buyers had to spend time driving around with an agent. Now they can go online and view hundreds of home listings that include photos and detailed descriptions. That type of exposure has made it much easier for people to sell homes on their own.
Selling your home is not rocket science. There is plenty of free information on the Internet on how to do it. It just takes some information, a title company and a real estate attorney. This route isn't for everyone, view our seller quiz if you are unsure on where in the selling process you feel the least comfortable with.
Thinking about selling your property without a real estate agent? Here are some tips.
- Clean Up and Eliminate Clutter
- Focus on Curb Appeal
- Prepare for the Inspection
- Set the Right Price
- Get Legal Help
- Advertise Your Property on Bella Casa's Listing Website
- Hold an Open House
- Be Professional and Get Thick-Skinned
- Get Ready to Negotiate
- Know When It's Time To Hire A Real Estate Professional
- Be Safe
For additional tips on the home selling process visit our 'tools you can use' to further educate you.
- "How To Sell Your Home Without A Broker", by Bill Carey, Chantal Howell Carey, and Suzanne Kiffmann ( Wilet & Sons)
- "50 Simple Steps You Can Take To Sell Your Home Faster And For More Money In Any Market", by llyce R. Glink (Three Rivers Press)
- "Real Estate a'la Carte", by Julie Garton Good (Dearborn Trade)