Help your home look its best for buyers, and help yourself be ready to move!
Disassociate Yourself With Your Home
- Make the mental decision to "let go" of your emotions and focus on the fact that soon this house will no longer be yours.
- Picture yourself handing the keys and envelopes containing appliance warranties to the new owners!
- Don't look back - Look towards the future!
De-Personalize You Home
- Pack up personal photos and family heirlooms.
- Put away things that make the home yours, so a buyer can picture their own belongings in the home.
De-Clutter Your Home - If you haven't used it in a year, you probably don't need it! Jump-start Packing!
- Remove all books from bookcases.
- Pack up knickknacks.
- Clean off everything on kitchen counters.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored in a closet when not in use.