You can sell your own home (and be called a FSBO or Fizbo as we say) You can be your own dentist too! I supposed you can even do your own foot surgery when in the mood!
But is it really a good idea? Here's a great post that might give you a few pointers to think about when you want to 'go it alone'. This originally is from Paula Hamilton an agent in Woodlands Texas.
I've got a wicked sense of humor and she does too so I hope you enjoy this. Please call me BEFORE doing your own dentistry! I'll be waiting to hear from you!
Oh, hope it makes you smile!
BE YOUR OWN DENTIST! Yes, you read that correctly...you too can be your own dentist! Simply join this network and we will teach you all of the ins and outs of personal dentistry! Tooth extraction made easy! Root canals done cheap! Cavities filled for pennies!,
OK, so I have your attention and with good reason to make my point. The next time you decide to sell your home yourself or perhaps build your home yourself, you need to make sure that you really know what you are doing. I for one would never want to be my own dentist and am amazed at the number of people who think selling a home is so simple that anyone can do it.
Before you decide to sell on your own, think about these points:
- Do you have the correct market data in order to correctly price your home?
- Have you had training to know how to negotiate through a contract?
- Are you aware of the importance of the Seller's Disclosures and the legal implications of that form?
- Most buyers of FSBO's expect to pay much less and the Seller can typically expect to get 15% less for their home because of this.
- Are you willing to allow just anyone into your home? Have they been pre-qualified? Do you know anything about them? Could they be just checking your home out to come back and possibly rob you?
- Do you have the time that it takes to market your home, show your home and deal with all of the little details to get to a closing?
These are just a few things to consider when thinking about being your own Realtor. Realtors are not the enemy. We are here because we love what we do and our client's best interests are always at the top of our priorities. Realtors have also spent a great deal of time and money to become licensed and to remain at the top of their field just as any other professional does.
I would be happy to help you sell or buy a home or commercial business. Call me today for a great real estate experience! Bandier Realty Partners, LLC can help you find a home, land, farm or ranch or even a high-rise office building!