Looking for ways to get your business cranking, give networking a try. Here are some great pointers.
We have all been there, spent hours each week going to networking events to come home with no new contacts and the feeling of "why did I waste my time on that event". It takes more than jsut being a wall flower in a room full of potential customers. You have to work the room.
- Show up early and ready to work with your pockets full of business cards
- Attend with a business associate and split the room, you will reach twice as many people and you can then share your contacts.
- Make sure that your 30 second commercial is compelling to listen to. The Little Red Book of Sales Answers by Jeffrey Gitomer is a wonderful source for refining your 30 second commercial.
- Have your 30 second commercial refined to a point where you don't stumble over anything when you present it. This may take a few hundred times of practice in front of the mirror but the results will be well worth the effort put forth.
- Be happy and positive. No one wants to be around or do business with Mr. or Ms. doom and gloom.
- Don't waste your time if the person is not a good prospect. Disengage with them gracefully and move on. Remember, your single goal is to make new contacts for potential new clients.
- Eat early, it is hard to eat and mingle.
- Leave the drinking up to everyone else. You will have a distinct advantage of being sober.
- Make sure you stay until the very end. The longer you stay at the event, the more contacts you will make.
Event selection is critical in networking. each week, your local business journal, newspaper or Chamber of Commerce will publish a list of business events. Don't forget about the social and cultural events as well, these are great networking possibilities. Select events that attract customers or people that you want to work with and build your clientele from.
Christine Stalsonburg, Realtor
Real Estate Consultant
Exit Realty Paramount
ASK ABOUT MY "HOMES FOR HEROES" PROGRAM
MILITARY, FIRE, POLICE, TEACHERS AND MEDICAL PERSONNEL ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PROGRAM.
Check Our Our Digital Marketing System
415 Cass St. Suite #2 Traverse City, MI 49684