5th Annual Green Home Tour - Building Green in North Raleigh
Come visit Stanton Homes during the 5th Annual Green Home Tour!
The Brogan will be one of the new green homes featured in the 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour.
Green Home Tour - Two Weekends in May
May 15/16 and May 22/23
Homes are open Noon to 6 pm
This custom-designed home offers a tidy 2584 square feet, with Craftsman elements and indoor and outdoor living space.
- Open Island Kitchen
- Downstairs Office or Guest Suite
- Huge Bonus Room
- Covered Front Porch
- Mudroom with Drop Zone
Green elements in the Stanton Home home in Horizon's green home entry featured in 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour include:
- Energy Wise guaranteed heating and cooling cost of $93/month (versus typical costs of $225/month for this home built to minimum code)
- Bronze Level Green Certification and ENERGY STAR certification (now in progress for this home)
- Spray foam insulation for superior energy savings and cleaner indoor air
- Sealed, insulated, and conditioned crawl space to reduce energy usage and increase indoor air quality and comfort.
- Direct vent fireplace and kitchen range hood
- Tankless hot water for endless supply of heated water at lower cost
- Ductwork and plumbing entirely inside thermal envelope to eliminate exposure to unconditioned air
- EPA WaterSense labeled high efficiency toilets and low flow faucets
- Kitchen and bath cabinetry with ESP (Environmental Stewardship Program) certification
- Energy Star Appliances and built in recycling centers
- Green label carpet certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute for improved indoor air quality
Stanton Homes works hard to protect our natural resources and land for future generations. Our green building practices help protect the land during construction, and enable homeowners to reduce energy and water consumption on a daily basis. Less energy consumed means lower carbon emissions, and more effective management of natural resources.
"Meet the Builder" Events and Education - see what Stanton Homes has planned this month!
Want a full size flyer? Contact us, and we'll send you a full size flyer for The Brogan floor plan with all the details!
Learn more about green building here: