THE CLASS IS TOTALLY FREE! (NID is paying the tuition) and is open to the 1st 30 people who sign up on each day. If the day you select is full, please ask to be put on the waiting list and additional days will be added soon thereafter
We will be covering all aspects of NID irrigation as it pertains to rural land owners in Nevada and Placer Counties.
Some of the many items we will be covering include:
• How much water do I need for irrigated pastures, orchards, and vineyards?
• What is a Miner’s Inch? Why is it important? If 1 inch is good, is 2 inches better?
• How many acres of pasture, orchard, and vineyard will a Miner’s Inch irrigate?
• What are the best grasses for my irrigated and non-irrigated pastures?
• How do I evaluate my own irrigation system for uniformity and application rates?
• When should I irrigate and how much?
• Are there tools for measuring soil moisture levels?
• Does a pond or holding tank make sense in an irrigation design?
• Why does water pressure matter so much?
May 1, 2010 - Saturday, Placer County
May 8, 2010 - Saturday, Nevada County
Please contact NID directly at (530) 273-6185 ext. 284 or (800) 222-4102.
For any additional class information:
Please call me directly at (530) 635-1253 or (530) 269-1217
**Registration is limited to 30 participants per class date**
The 2009 classes were 100% filled and additional dates were added and there was still an extensive waiting list . . . So, hurry, hurry! This will be a great day of learning . . . guaranteed!
Sure hope to see you there,
Green Acres 101