If there was ever a real estate's perfect storm in California, this is it! Here is the simple "down and dirty":
- Be in contract by April 30th, 2010
- Close escrow between May 1st and June 30th, 2010
- You can get overlapping checks from the Federal government and from the State of California
What do you get?
- Up to $6500 from our Federal government for existing home owner...a check...that's it.
- Up to $8000 from our Federal government for new home buyer...a check...that's it.
- Up to $10,000 from the State of California over 3 years...a credit towards your taxes...that's it.
- For the $8,000 Federal check, you must be a first time home buyer
- For the $6500 Federal check, you can be an existing home buyer
- For the $10,000, you must have lived in your present home 5 out of the last 8 years.
Now, as with all good things, don't take this on face value...check with your CPA to be certain that you qualify before you commit.
So, as I said, why in the world are you not buying a home NOW?????