I thought it might be a good idea to share some quick tips to help sellers get ready to sell. This time of year there is a surge in sales and buyers really come out to start looking at homes. Remember, the first impression is often the best! These hints/reminders are things that should be done any time of year, but with warmer weather, it does seem a bit easier to do.
1. Start outside. If you have vinyl siding and it is dirty, by all means borrow a pressure washer--clean it!
2. If they yard/grass has brown spots, at least try to seed them so they will grow as it gets warmer.
3. Freshen up mulch--this is cheap to do and goes a long way toward curb appeal.
4. Remove any dead shrubs and replace them--if existing plants need pruning, get to it!!
5. Inside: simply put, de-clutter and clean, clean, clean!!
6. If your wall colors are personal to you and don't have "mass appeal" then change them! Go Neutral!!
7. Carpet: if the carpet is dirty, either clean it professionally or replace it!
8. If your lighting is bad, replace some old fixtures--a few new fixtures can really change a space!!
9. If you have too much furniture--thin it out and put extra stuff in a garage or storage.
10. Simple sells!! Keep it simple, neat, and clean!