Albuquerque Home Buyers:
If you are considering buying a home in Albuquerque, Corrales, Placitas, East Mountains, or Rio Rancho, NM, here are some important questions and tips to consider before you start searching for a home:
- Where would you like to live? Nearby any specific schools, shopping areas, or place of work? How far are you willing to communte?
- What characteristics would you like and need in a house? Any particular style (i.e. Pueblo, Contemporary, Ranch, Territorial, Victorian, Modern Southwestern, etc.)? What about number of bedrooms and bathrooms? What size yard would you like? Any particular green home features?
- How much can you comfortably afford? Have you consulted with a mortgage lender to determine the size of loan you would qualify for?
- Pull a credit report on yourself to make sure that the information being reported is accurate. (Many times they are not!) If you encounter any mistakes or red flags, make sure to contact the credit reporting agency immediately. For assistance in credit protection and credit restoration, a wonderful resource in Albuquerque, NM is Protect Your Rights.
- Avoid incurring additional debt. Don't make any major purchases on credit, especially on automobiles or other large items. Pay down your credit cards as it will help you secure a better loan (and probably give you peace of mind!).
- Browse through Homes magazines, real estate advertisements, and ABQ MLS property search sites to get a feel for what's out there on the market in terms of types of homes and what they cost. Earth Origins Realty at http://mls.albuquerquerealestateandhomes.com/idx/5432/advancedSearch.php offers one of the most user-friendly online MLS search engines out there!
- Drop in on open houses over the weekend. It's free to look and you might just get some ideas about what you'd like but haven't considered yet.
- Speak with different real estate brokers to feel out who you feel most confrotable with and trust with such an important process and decision. Professional Realtors can help you figure out how much house you can afford, share information about current and projected real estate market trends, and provide you with a personalized service focused on homes that may be of interest to you.
If you are considering buying real estate in Albuquerque or in surrounding areas like Corrales, Placitas, Rio Rancho, or the East Mountains, ABQ Realtor Paul Chavez can assist you in finding your dream home with a personalized property search plan created especially for your needs and expectations. Search all homes in Albuquerque, Corrales, Placitas, Rio Rancho, Los Lunas, Belen, and the East Mountains listed on the SouthWest MLS. Please note that only Realtors have access to real time listings on the MLS, although this website is updated daily. Keep in mind that some homes listed as Active may have already gone into pending status or sold so please check with Paul Chavez for your most complete, up-to-date real estate market access. Contact Earth Origins Realty (505) 688-1228 to explore your home buying options today!