For Potential Home Buyers in Grand Rapids, MI. There are 5 Important Factors to Consider.
Purchasing a new home is an extremely exciting time in people's lives. It is the single largest investment most will ever make. It is a memory making spot for families and holds many treasures inside it. It is not a decision to be taken lightly so take note of the following:
- Location- Growing up in a family Real Estate business I was taught that it was LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION that was the the most important piece of the purchasing puzzle. Value often equates to location.
- Housing Market- Is it a Buyers or Sellers Market. Is it a mix. There are times when you can really get the bang for your buck, and others when the market is so Hot its hard to find a deal. Make sure in either case you consult with your real estate professional and gain their perspective on housing conditions.
- Financing-If you are in the market to purchase a home it is imperative that you are aware of what is transpiring in the financial markets. Are interest rates trending up or down. Are there tax incentives to purchase? Are there special programs that you may qualify for. Remember here...Knowledge is Power!!! Find a professional Mortgage Specialist to guide you through the process.
- Personal Status- Are you ready, do you have a source for potential down payment monies. Are your relationships solid...It can be stressful to House Hunt and move a family. Make sure your personal hose is prepared for the endeavor.
- Take the time to develop a strategic plan that fits all of your goals. Most importantly communicate that plan to those helping you along this exciting journey. Lastly ENJOY the ride home!!