Green Home Myth Busters - "Muddy Boots Meet the Builder" in North Raleigh
Take a sneak peek at Stanton Homes' North Raleigh Green Home Tour entry!
Walk through a special home under construction - one of Stanton Home's entries in the 5th Annual Green Home Tour.
Meet The Builder Open House Talks and Tours 12-3 pm
Live Demonstration Spray Foam Insulation - 1 pm
"Green Home Myth Busters" Presentation - 2 pm
This Stanton Homes custom design will be one of just 30 homes available for viewing in the 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour.
Live Demonstration - Spray Foam Insulation - 1 pm
Healthy Home Insulation will be offering a LIVE Demonstration with Spray Foam Insulation!
Spray foam insulation is sprayed directly on to the walls and roofline of the home. It expands and sets in a matter of minutes, offering superior insulation, humidity control, and cleaner indoor air. Foam insulation is 3-4 times more energy efficient than conventional insulation.
Watch exactly how it works in this live demonstration!
Special Presentation by Southern Energy Management - 2 pm
Southern Energy Management, Energy Star's national Partner of the Year, will be presenting a free information seminar on Green Home Myths.
Topic: What are some "green home" misconceptions?
- A green home costs too much
- A green home has weird features
- A green home has lower resale value
Find out more about these common myths, and what the benefits of a green home really are.
Southern Energy Management has earned this prestigious national award for the fourth year in a row, for protecting the environment through energy efficiency.
Meet the Builder Open House 12-3 pm
Green elements in the Stanton Home home in Horizon's green home entry featured in 2010 Triangle Green Home Tour include:
- Energy Wise guaranteed heating and cooling cost of just $93/month for 2700+ sq ft.
- Bronze Level Green Certification and ENERGY STAR certification (now in progress for this home)
- Spray foam insulation for superior energy savings and cleaner indoor air
- Tighter construction and inclusion of moisture barriers for improved comfort and energy efficiency.
- Advanced Framing Techniques and Materials
- Tankless hot water for endless supply of heated water at lower cost
- Sealed Crawlspace for higher quality indoor air and reduced heating and cooling costs.
- Ductwork and plumbing entirely inside thermal envelope to eliminate exposure to unconditioned air
- Kitchen and bath cabinetry with ESP (Environmental Stewardship Program) certification
- Energy Star Appliances and built in recycling centers
- Compact flurorescent lightbulbs throughout home to reduce energy use.
- Green label carpet certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute for improved indoor air quality
Drop in anytime during the open house! Talks and tours start at noon. Spray foam insulation demonstration is at 1 pm, Southern Energy Management "Green Home Myth Busters" talk is at 2 pm
Register Now! Get directions and more information here.
Registration is not required, but is suggested. Space is limited. Refreshments will be provided.
You may also be interested in these popular green building topics:
Green Building - What's in a Green Home?