Looking for Photography tips

Real Estate Agent with Warmath Real Estate @ Keller Williams North Atlanta

I take all my own photos when listing a house.  I have a 28mm-50mm zoom lens on my digital camera, but it is still hard to get decent shots of smaller rooms with the 28mm lens.  I recently compared photos i'd taken of a house with those of another agent and hers were better because i think she was using an 18mm lens. 

What equipment/lens are you all using?  I've always thought that an 18mm lens would fisheye and distort, but maybe that is what i need to be using.

thx, k.

http://www.liveinalpharetta.com/  | http://www.northfultonblog.com/

Comments (2)

Norm Fisher
Royal LePage Saskatoon Real Estate - Saskatoon, SK

Hey Kevin.  If you're using a consumer grade digital camera, as I am (RebelXT or 350D) chances are it has a smaller sensor which impacts on focal length by a factor of 1.6, so a 28 mm lens is basically like a 45 mm lens on a full frame camera.  That's not likely to be great for interior shots, particularly in small rooms.

I use a 10-22 mm for all of my interior shots which would be comparable to a 16-35 with a full sized sensor.  I think a fish eye is actually about 14mm on a full frame camera.

I wrote a post today titled, Basics of Real Estate Photography which had a few really good links to some online articles and a terrific blog.  You might want to check it out.

Nov 14, 2006 01:21 PM
John Hruska
Homes Charlotte, LLC - Charlotte, NC
I shoot with an Olympus camedia C-3000  It's an older camera, but does a great job
Jan 15, 2007 05:38 AM