Twitter for Real Estate agents? - Step 2: complete your Twitter profile
We found Twitter to be everything but what we incorrectly assumed prior starting using it for our online real estate presence. I thought it was rather a silly technology and concept. I was so wrong...Twitter is so much more...
Interested in learning if Twitter is REALLY for you?
Why not take the journey with us? Those tutorial posts are designed to take a few minutes of your time and accomplish with each one a specific and tangible task that will bring you one step closer to your goal. So enough already, let's just do it!!!
Is Twitter for Real Estate Agents? - Step 1: create your Twitter account
Step 2: complete your Twitter profile
It is very important to complete your Twitter profile as soon as possible and for the main 2 following reasons:
- Your Twitter profile is the first thing that other tweeps will see about you and same thing as curb appeal, the more the better...
- The other reason is that a lot of keyword and location searches are looking for matches from your profile's keywords so it is important to complete your Twitter profile with relevant keywords.
- To complete your Twitter profile, once in your Twitter account click on top on "Settings" then "Profile".
- First important thing to do is upload a picture.
- Your Name should have already been completed from the last post when you created your Twitter account.
- Location is very important and you might want to include your City and State as many searches are done from a location perspective with Tweeps looking to follow other local tweeps.
- The Web field is a great way to send traffic to your website
- The Bio field is critical as many searches are based on keywords located in the Bio field. You know what to do here, you might want to use a few local and Real Estate related keywords but do not over do it. Remember Twitter has many benefits and strategies and some of them is to be able to network with individuals and advertise yourself in a more subtle way. "I am the best Realtor in Edison, NJ. Call me today..." might not be the best Bio to write on Twitter...Also your Bio is limited to 160 characters.
That was easy...
Next coming posts:
Twitter for real estate agents? - step 3: adjust your settings
Twitter for real estate agents? - step 4: what to Tweet???
Previous Twitter posts:
Twitter and Realtors who Follow Back- Increasing your Twitter followers
Why would I want to know what you are doing? - Twitter
My Related ARCHIVES: