The goal here is to list ALL the MLS search engines in the MRIS area (Northern Virginia, DC Maryland) that pull the entire MLS (all broker listings).
MRIS is the back end provider of the Northern Virginia MLS. They allow Realtors to log into their back end system via Matrix.MRIS.com. But they also let brokers and 3rd party providers have access to the MLS Data and republish it in their own manner via IDX and RETS feeds.
While almost every Realtor website has a "Click here to search," 95% of those link to a partner that slaps their name and photo on it, like Homesdatabase.com with about 1,000 sub accounts.
This list took me 2 hours to compile. Let me know if I missed any!
10,000 NOVA Realtors, but only 32 31 total unique search engines that pull the MLS (all broker listings) directly, yet they display them differently
- Choice Real Estate
- NVFH.com (registration required for details)
- TheBestHomeSearchEver.com and BirdsEyeSearch.com
- ZipRealty.com (registration required for details)
3rd Party Providers (most Popular), something an agent or Broker would subscribe to and put their name all over it.
- Homesdatabase.com, Realtor product called Active Agent from MRIS $325/yr. Ex: MLS Virginia
- iHOMEFINDER.com, Example Broker: Exit AllStar Realty
- ListingsToGo, Watchdog service. "Starts at" $540/yr. Example: Bill Davis
- MLSFinder.com from Wolfnet, Agent example: JustNewListings.com or Broker: KellerWilliams.com
- MRIS Bridge, From MRIS for brokers. $750 a year. Example: Fairfax Realty
- Top Producer, Agent example Grace Neary
3rd Party Providers (less frequently used), something an agent or Broker would subscribe to
- Advanced Access, Agent example: Ann Gross
- GoMethod.com, Agent example: BernieKagan
- HomeCards, Broker example: Westgate Realty
- Househunt.com Agent example: Maggie DelGallo (registration required for details)
- IDXco, Starting at $468yr, Agent example: (Valarie Smallwood)
- IDXPro.com, Agent example: Nova Real estate Team
3rd Party MLS showcasers (not sponsored by a particular broker or agent)
- Century21 It only searches C21 listings. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
- ColdwellBanker.com Only searches their own listings.
- Zillow, Trulia. They do not have MLS access, read details here
Let me know if I missed any.
- Written by Frank Borges LL0SA- Broker FranklyRealty.com
Please report typos and errors.
UPDATE: and of course my new site FranklyMLS.com
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!