What is selling in Osceola County? I know for one that mobile homes with land are selling as I just had a closing on 07/30. This house sold after being in the market for a total of 58 days, by the way impressive when you see that some homes in Kissimmee are staying in the market for longer time, much longer time. This mobile home in the community of Silver Lake Estates or better known as Morningside, had all the features necessaries to make it very appealing to buyers.
- Newer home, it was built in 2001
- all appliances stayed, if you are buying a home you usually will use most of your saving not leaving spare for purchasing appliances
- Very well kept, and I really mean well kept to look almost like new, also the owner had great feature of having great taste in decorating
- Large lot, almost 1/4 acre, fenced all around, very green lawn.
- Great location,close to 417, Boggy Creek Rd, Narcoosee Rd, and Orlando International Airport
Why am I bragging about a listing that already sold?
I wanted to get your attention to prove my following point. If you want to sell your home and you expect to sell it as is then understand that the price will have to reflect that. Even then, understand that most buyers now are looking for a place where they can move right away without having to do much to it. If you want to make sure your home would stand out among the competition (other listings in the same community) then I would advise you, in addition to pricing your home right, to do the following:
- Clean the house, not just a regular cleaning but more like a deep cleaning. If necessary because of time or willingness to do so, hire a professional to do a deep cleaning and then just make sure everything is tucked away and in its place before showing your home to potential buyers
- Include all appliances with the sale of the home, yes including the washer and dryer. No, that is not a new refrigerator even if you bought it a month ago, once you have used an appliance it is not brand new anymore. Be willing to negotiate or replace the appliance if by any chance you can not part with it.
- If you are thinking of disposing of furniture or ornaments that are in good condition make sure to have a list ready for the buyersand offer them to choose what they want to keep if they buy the house. As you know one person's trash... well you know how it goes.
- Keep the lawn short and have only plants that are fresh and alive. Get rid of anything that clutters the front lawn and the backyard. Remember curb appeal alone might sell your home, I should know as that is how I bought my first home, as soon as I saw it I knew I was going to buy it.
- Do not do any major renovations (unless it is necessary), but you must definitely do certain things: touch up painting on walls and doors, put back that closet door you took off because you rather have an open closet (?), tighten everything that is loose like cabinet doors and door handles, etc.
Remember even though the market is slow there are still homes selling everyday. Listing your home at the right price and making sure is ready to show when there is a buyer willing and ready is key to make sure that your home will be next one to sell.
If you like more information about selling your home in Kissimmee, Saint Cloud, Celebration, Reunion, Davenport you can email me or call me at (407) 319-1537