It is finally here! We are so excited.
We’ve launched Tomato University (beta):
“Technology Education For The Real Estate Industry”
The success of our first three Virtual BarCamp events made two things very clear:
1. There is an overwhelming interest in learning how to use technology to improve one’s real estate career.
2. Participating from the comfort of your home or office is a hugely popular alternative to learning in person.
Please Note: If you were a participant in any of our Virtual BarCamp events, then you are instantly a member of the University. You will have received an email notification of your membership… and if you haven’t, simply login and request a reset of your password.
Our mission with Tomato University is to scale back a bit on the intensity of the VREBC experience, and give everyone an opportunity to learn in a much more relaxed and engaging environment.
Rather than spending the day drinking from the fire hose of VREBC (28 live classes over 7 hours), we are launching the University with just 5 classes per week (1 per business day).
See University Schedule: http://www.tomatouniversity.com/courses
The other major distinction from VREBC is that the classes will be limited to much smaller audiences, allowing for direct engagement with the professors, in real-time, during class. Classes will last between 1 and 2 hours, and in most cases will be limited to just 40 students.
See University Professors: http://www.tomatouniversity.com/professors
During this beta period (roughly 45 days), all classes will be held at 11am PST (2pm EST). In addition to the great schedule we already have in place, we will be adding classes and professors on a regular basis, with constant turn-over and growth.
Soon we will be offering intense Labs and Tutoring Options to our schedule. The labs will be limited to as few as 5 students, and the one-on-one tutoring sessions will be available for those that want our undivided attention.
Even though the University is in a beta phase, our commitment remains in providing our students with the most relevant and effective technology training available.
Here are a few of the ways you can instantly take advantage of the University:
1. Sign up for upcoming classes taught by some of the Real Estate Industry's finest minds.
2. Shout out from your Dashboard to the entire community, Twitter style!
3. Hold conversations with any other member(s) in real-time using "@membername" Twitter style!
4. Rate and Comment on classes you have taken to improve our offerings.
5. Friend other members to send direct messages and get updates on their activity within TU.
6. Post your RSS feeds to your profile to gain more exposure to your blog articles.
7. Submit your ideas for classes and/or your application for professorship.
8. Update your profile details.
9. Connect with Twitter and Facebook to broadcast status and connect with others.
10. Manage your email update preferences.
To begin taking advantage of your free membership you will need to register or login:
Once logged in:
To view your Dashboard:
To see our Upcoming Classes:
To meet our Professors:
To update your Profile:
We are going to be making an enormous amount of usability and functionality improvements in subsequent phases.
Many of these improvements are already in the works, but we would love suggestions from you.
Our goal is to create an incredibly resourceful learning environment that thrives as a social network.
This initial phase is intended to be interactive, so don't be shy.
Near future upgrades we already have planned:
- Fan Classes for notification of updates and future related content and classes.
- Uploading of instructional videos to a tutorial library by both professors and members.
- Direct Message other members, privately.
- Participate in a community blog discussing high-level real estate technology topics.
- The addition of a Tomato University Blog for system news and updates.
- Browse and view an archive of recorded classes from past VREBC events.
- RSS/XML Feed of upcoming classes for affiliates and professors to showcase on their websites.
Don't hold back on your suggestions - we are very excited to hear from you.
Subscribe to CommentsComment