So the tax credit is heading out the door and as a first time buyer you’re wondering if you should continue to look for a home or stop and wait for another sign. Now still remains a great time to buy a home. Below I will highlight some reasons why.
- You’re a fist time buyer and you’re disappointed that you missed the government tax credit deadline. This is completely understandable getting $8,000 back at tax time is a nice chunk of change and something worth shooting for. But, don’t miss out on a great buyer’s housing market just because the government is not going to be handing out money anymore. There are still a number of great reasons to keep looking.
- Mortgage rates remain low and are predicted to start rising as the year goes on.
- There are still many great homes out there looking for owners to take care of them. With foreclosures and short sales continuing to hit the market prices are staying low but predicted to start rising soon.
- Great selection, there is something for everyone out there, you just have to be patient and keep your eyes open.
- Because of the low pricing and low mortgage rates you now have the potential to move into that neighborhood you thought you could never afford.
These reasons might not be enough to convince you to keep looking or hit the streets now. So, feel free to contact me to discuss your situation and see when the right time for you might be.
Subscribe to CommentsComment