Everyone wants better visibility on the web with their blogs, websites, and other informational sites. With all the new websites and information yours can quickly get pushed to the bottom. Here are some simple steps to follow to help increase ranking.
1. Twitter: Tweets are indexed by Google and can help link keywords to your site.
2. Links: Clearly label external links. Instead of using "click here" use specific keywords relevant to the information.
3. Site Maps: Search engines can find content easier if you make a site map. You can easily develop one for free at www.xml-sitemaps.com
4. Link your Website from Others: Use your social networks to your advantage. Put your website link on Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Activerain.....etc.. The more links the more credibility search engines give you thus ranking.
5. Keywords: Use keywords that are specific to your content. A good way to see what people are searching for is to use the Keyword Tool by Google Adwords. You can see how many people search for the term or phrase per month. You can also sign up with Adwords and get your business ads on the side of their search engine.
6. Web Page Titles: Like using keywords make your website page titles more specific. Try to include location as well as page name if possible.