This Week's Upcoming Class Schedule For Tomato University - Blogging, Video, eNewsletters, & SMM
Our first few classes in the beta phase of Tomato University have been received incredibly well, and we are very excited to continue to forge forward.
We have been making many improvements to the site based on member suggestions: Smart time zone tracker, Google Calendar class reminders, improved sign up interface and many other behind the scenes changes. Keep your suggestions coming, we are listening and responding.
Our roster and class calendar continue to grow with the addition of some huge industry names – so stay tuned to our updates as we are always offering something new and exciting.
The next few days have some very powerful classes
that you must take advantage of.
Wednesday April 28th at 11:00 am PST
No Hassle Video Based Real Estate Lead Generation – with Ryan Hartman
Ryan Hartman is the man behind RETechulous.com. He dazzled at our last Virtual BarCamp, and was a sure shot for our University. You’ll need a few note pads for this class… because you’re going to learn a ton!
Videos been one of the next big things in Real Estate for years. One of the biggest barriers with video is the perception that it takes too much time to implement. In this session, we'll discuss the following:
1. Using Your Handheld (Flip) Style Video Camera to Upload Videos to a Youtube Account
2. Tagging, Titling and Describing Your Videos
3. Avoiding the need for audio, by using YouTube's "Audio Swap" and "Annotations" features
4. Organizing with Playlists
1. Installing and configuring the "Tubepress" Plugin in Your Wordpress Blog
2. Creating your main "Gallery Page"
3. Using tubepress shortcodes to create an unlimited number of themed gallery pages. (will include a list of code snippets )
4. Closing Remarks. "It's Not Necessarily About The Quality, It's about the fact that you're holding visitors on your site, increasing chances for lead capture! ." Also some notes about not boring visitors with slow property tours.
Thursday April 29th at 11:00 am PST
Building A Successful Blog From The Ground Up – with Laurie Manny
Laurie Manny is a powerhouse real estate blogger who has built a business on her ability to generate leads from her blog and ensure top-of-the-search-engines exposure for many competitive terms.
Laurie was recently invited to be part of the annual CAR event, Tech Tuesday, where she wowed the audience with her real estate blogging session. This is a do not miss class. And, no, it will not be recorded.
This class is geared for the beginner blogger with new (or newish) blog sites.
It is also for bloggers who have not had success with their real estate blogs and would like some strong basic training.
What this class will cover:
- What makes the blog such a powerful tool?
- What kind of articles should I be writing on my new blog?
- Writing to consumers; Buyers and Sellers.
- Writing about Real Estate AND about my city and the neighborhoods?
- How should I handle Calls to Action?
- IDX and why it is critically important for your real estate blog.
- What are back links (external and internal)? Why are they important?
- How do I make certain my site is found by consumers on the search engines?
- How to clean up your posts and keep your content fresh.
- Pros and Cons of setting up a Blogroll
- Pros and Cons of Link Exchanges
Laurie has prepared a great ebook “take-away” to be distributed to each webinar attendee. The 90 minute class is packed with valuable information, the ebook will be a great reference tool as you are building your new blog!
Friday April 30th at 11:00 am PDT
Lead Generation and Incubation Via Automated Blog Based Newsletters – with Ryan Hartman
(For more on Ryan, read the bio-line accompanying his class above)
Stay in touch with 1000's of potential prospects by simply sticking to your Blog Content creation schedule.
Wordpress allows for the creation of an unlimited amount of category or tag based RSS feeds. Aweber's "RSS Blog Broadcast" feature can tap your blog and automatically deliver newsletters populated by the content on your blog.
– How To Generate Niche Focused Category Feeds In Wordpress
– How To Include an Aweber Web Form next to or below each post in a category by hacking template files.
– How to configure an automated blog broadcast for each category web form.
– A list of Category based niches for real estate.
– A few ideas for promotion.
Friday April 30th at 2:00 pm PDT
Methods To Create Quid Pro Quo Relationships With Your Community & Build Good Will – with Pat Kitano
Pat Kitano is the founder of the Domus Consulting Group, a consultancy that works with corporations and associations to develop community engagement and social media strategies
This is a completely different take on real estate social media marketing.
We'll discuss how you can promote your communities' businesses and develop valuable quid pro quo relationships with them so they always need and refer you to others. We'll explore the changing world of hyper-local marketing, and how to create tangible business opportunities.
Check this April 21 Active Rain blog post by Joe Pryor for a preview of the steps that actually have a true ROI.
Future Tomato University Classes can be found on our Classes Page.
Our extended Professor Roster is available on the site as well.
Take advantage of these classes while you can. We cannot guarantee that you will have another chance to attend anything listed above. We will not be recording classes, and it is our aim to constantly provide our members with unique and ever changing content.
If you haven’t yet become a member of TU, never, fear… it’s easy, and it’s FREE!
Just go to the Registration Page and sign up.
Subscribe to CommentsComment