I was tagged a month ago by Carmen Rivero and although I played the game before I was honored that Carmen would tag me and promised her I'd play again. Sorry it took me so long Carmen! And I still have to make time for Carole Cohen's book meme. It's on my list Carole!
I'm hard pressed to come up with 5 unique things about me. I'm so open with you guys you probably know everything already! Let's give this the old college try......
- I'm a closet singer. I love to sing. If I'm alone in the car, you can bet your bottom dollar that I am singing. I think I mentioned once before how I sing at vacant homes as the acoustics are great. I do that only at Open Houses or while waiting for a client. Is the world ready for my singing debut? I don't think so! I've sung at church and look forward to making time for that again, but that's as far as I'll go. =)
- I think I am the only one of my siblings (or friends for that matter) who was given a big YES when I asked my parents if I could go to Mexico by myself at the age of 18. I went to Club Med and had a blast. (a clean blast) My parents knew they had nothing to worry about when they agreed. Does that tell you how square I am?
- My husband died when I was 35 and it turned my world upside down. I grieved and got back on my feet but it was one of the biggest challenges I have ever faced. I've kept his memory alive for our daughters, who were only 2 and 5 when he passed away. Our daughters said goodnight to him and awoke the next morning to a world without their father. Life is fleeting. Please don't ever take anyone you love for granted. Enjoy your blessings while they're still around.
- I have over 50 boxes of books in the garage (this is part of the reason I can't get to Carole's meme!). That does not include the bookcases I have in the house filled with books. I realize it's time to go through them and hopefully find them a new home. A book was meant to be read and re-read and shared with others so its legacy can continue. Mine are being shortchanged in the garage. If anyone out there has any ideas, I am open to suggestions. But where to find the time?
- I am the Crafting Queen! Do not even try to compete with me as far as supplies. I have a 1200SF garage that apart from the 50 boxes of books also stores a myriad of craft supplies. Sewing, knitting, crocheting, beadwork, stained glass, millefiori, basketweaving, dollmaking, claywork, macrame, glue guns, staplers, scissors, oil paints, canvas, scrapbooking, papermaking, papier mache, pinatas, woodpainting, swarovski crystals, chocolate molds, rubber stamps, shrinky-dinks, scherenschnitte, paper quilling, silk ribbon embroidery, christmas ornaments, are you sick yet? I know I am! The very sad thing about this admission is that I cannot remember the last time I enjoyed any of it. Surely real estate has me way too busy. My very favorite thing I have ever created is the lovingly made Waldorf doll. I've made 3 and given them away and have another 8 at different stages of creation packed away. Poor babies!
So there you have it. If you fell asleep (and understandably so. I take no offense), please wipe the drool off the keyboard as it could cause a malfunction down the road.
In the on-going tradition of our beloved me-me's I am tagging Carol Housen just to get her to type more (she's quite the colorful character though), Tony Gallegos, and Kelan the Great. Tag, you're it!!