Sometimes sellers want to try to sell their St. Louis home or condo on their own. That's called selling your home "For Sale by Owner" or FSBO for short.
If you'd like to give FSBO a try, here are some tips:
1. Prepare your home for sale. Go through your St Louis home or condo and make a list of repairs that need to be done. Clean your carpets. Repair the grout in the bathroom. Remove dead plants from your yard. Paint the interior. Wash the windows. Make sure you home looks as good as possible.
2. Choose a fair selling price. Look at what the houses in your area are selling for to get an idea. You should hire a professional appraiser to assess your home. Of course you want to make as much money as possible, but you also have to have a reasonable asking price if you want anyone to look at your home.
3. Advertise your home. Put a sign in your front yard. Create a flyer. Place your home in MLS (Multiple Listing Service) through a realty service. Post information online. Spread the word to everyone you know. People need to know your home is for sale.
4. Get help with the legal issues. Selling a house involves several legal documents. You need someone to help make sure everything is complete and correct. If you don't want to work with a real estate agent, consider hiring a real estate lawyer to handle the paperwork.
5. Know when to ask for help. At some point selling your home on your own may not be a good idea. When you feel like you're in over your head or just frustration, call a professional. A good rule of thumb is to try selling your home as a FSBO for 30 days, then reassess.
If you're ready to get some professional help selling your home, give me a call at 314-630-4227 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Real estate lawyer http://www.realestatelawyers.com/