We staged a home last week that was being sold two years after the owner passed away. The trustees were located in another state so coordination was an issue from the beginning. We agreed to help by moving a "couple" of pieces of furniture from the home prior to staging.
When we arrived the house was filled with furniture. Our (wonderful) movers had to empty out the house, place all the furniture on the front lawn then move the staging inventory into the home. Then they loaded up the truck and took an entire house full of furniture to Goodwill.
After several hours we noticed the water had been turned off. We decided to check the shut-off valve in the basement and found water bubbling up through the tile. Yikes. After calling the clients to call a plumber we decided to put in window treatments and broke five drill bits on the very weird walls.
This was the end product after staging:
The Realtor called me the next morning . . . the home sold to the first person who walked through the door!