Spring has always been known as peak home-buying season. And, with all the mixed signals in the real estate market, you may be wondering if Spring still a hot time to buy?!?
REAL ESTATE MARKET UPDATE! The National Association of Realtors announced on Tuesday, May 4th that pending home sales were UP 5.3% in March over February, and UP 21.1% over March of last year. This data reflects signed contracts and not closings, which usually occur with a lag time of 30-60 days. This means that existing home sales for April should see a nice boost.
ECONOMIC UPDATE! Personal income and spending were UP in the month of March. 290,000 new jobs were created in April. Freddie Mac's weekly survey reported national average fixed-rate mortgages at their lowest levels in six weeks.
TAX CREDIT! If you were unable to take advantage of the $8,000 Home Buyer Tax Credit that expired on April 30, 2010, you are in luck. A new program, the 2010 New Home and First-Time Buyer Tax Credit will be available for taxpayers who purchase a qualified principal residence on or after May 1, 2010. This new tax credit will be the lesser value of either 5% of the purchase price or $10,000. The tax credit must be applied in equal amounts over 3 successive tax years (a maximum of $3,333 per year) beginning with the year in which the home is purchased. Restrictions apply.
To really make your home search there is one very important first step and YOU have to make it. Click here and complete the simple form. http://www.NewTeamRealty.com/vip That way, we know you exist and are ready to research, tour, and offer on homes.
As a Broker and active Realtor I can state with 1000% certainty that you are not going to be offered the deals if are not in the game. I work very hard to find the below market deals in the best areas. Then I offer these deals to my clients. My clients are the home shoppers who took the 15 minutes to ask for my help in finding them their home at a great price at the lowest interest rate.
- We give you the real story on what's going on:
- An accurate overview of each local market. What $x buys you here etc based on recent sold homes. Photos, maps details included.
- The truth behind what's going on inside the lending institutions with Short Sales, REO, Preforeclosures, etc.
- Help you secure the best financing and the most comfortable monthly payment for you.
2. We help you make a plan of attack:
- Determine which homes and neighborhoods best suit your needs.
- Get you into homes to really narrow things down.
- Decide what types of deals you want to focus on based on your time frame and criteria. (REO, Preforeclosure, Short Sale, Traditional)
3. And (the best part) how we can help you steal a deal in time to take advantage of the Tax Incentives.
Our trade secrets are just that because no one else has worked as hard as us to build the process. One Realtor is not enough to find you your home if you want a deal in San Diego. It takes a team which is why there are 5 of us researching, sniffing around, and sitting at conference room tables and kitchen tables negotiating on your behalf.
Rebecca Austin is the Broker/President of New Team Realty in Carlsbad California. With 11 years experience, her team specializes in North San Diego County home buyers, Short Sale and REO transactions. Visit her VIP Buyer website at www.NewTeamRealty.com/vip or email her at Rebecca@NewTeamRealty.com.