Regarding the number of single family homes that sold in Green County in April of 2010:
- 50 homes sold in April of 2010,
- The homes were on the market for an average of 116 days,
- The average sale price was $131,080,
- The median sale price was $120,650,
- The highest priced property sold was $302,500,
- The lowest priced property sold was $5,500.
Let's compare with April of 2009:
- 18 homes sold in April of 2009,
- The homes were on the market for an average of 145 days,
- The average sale price was $140,824,
- The median sale price was $125,200,
- The highest priced property sold was $340,000,
- The lowest priced property sold was $24,235.
Clearly that first time home buyer's tax credit was working here. Sales were way up, and the number of classic first time buyer homes were certainly up too. 37 of those sold properties were priced under $150K. It is nice to see that the higher priced home market is moving a bit more as well. Five homes priced over $250K sold last month, which is a big change from a year ago when only two homes in this range sold. This higher priced range has been hit the hardest locally, with the largest price drops and the highest inventory counts. Seeing these homes starting to change hands with more regularity two months in a row is great.