Mosquito Attack!! Not quite, but that is what it feels like every year.
The City of Plano has recently confirmed that several mosquitos in the zip code 75075 have tested postive for West Nile Virus. The city will be spraying in the area but you need to be careful no matter where you live.
Here are some helpful tips:
1. Mosquitos are most active in the morning at dawn and in the evening at dusk. Try to stay indoors. if possible, during these times.
2. Since dusk & dawn are the nicest part of the day and it is hard to stay locked inside, make sure to use Insect Repellent with DEET.
3. If you are outside, try to wear long sleeves and/or pants for extra protection.
4. Drain standing water in your yard. Fix any water leaks. Don't let the water in your bird baths or wading pools become stagnant.
5. And remember, don't leave doors or windows open for the mosquitos to get in. If you have dogs, make sure you shut the door quickly behind them and brush their coats before they come so they don't sneak an extra "friend" in with them.
And for those of you, who live on a creek live me, prepare to be bitten! I try to follow all these rules and it is hard. I go outside and get attacked. I'm so tired of this that I've started looking into the mosquito misting systems to help provide some relief. It seems that the mosquito misting systems do work but they will take a bit out of my wallet, instead!
Prepare yourself and be careful out there my fellow Plano residents. Good Luck!