Claudette Millette of Ashland, MA posted this wonderful & timely post.
Now that the weather is warming up, homeowners across the country can benefit from her tips.....
Sprucing Up Your Massachusetts Home
Spring is a great time to get rid of post-winter blahs by adding some fresh touches to your Massachusetts home's exterior. If your home is currently on the market, these tips can help your sale. If not, they will pick up your mood every time you pull into your driveway.
Many people underestimate the value of curb appeal in a home. It can truly make the difference between someone wanting to actually see the inside and just choosing to keep on driving.
Fortunately, there are small things you can do that can make a huge difference in your home's appeal and can help you to get to a smooth closing.
- Add mulch to your flower beds. The purpose of mulch is to protect the soil, retain moisture, reduce weed growth and provide necessary nutrients. It also just looks better and makes the landscaping appear well-kept. For a small amount of money, mulching is a big improvement.
- Replace those old landscape lights with new ones. I just pulled out all of my old electrical lights that were broken and faded and installed new, solar-powered ones. Fortunately, they have improved their technology over the years and actually work well. Solar lights are also green, and will save on the electric bill.
- Repair and paint any areas that have been neglected or just need revitalizing. Take a critical walk around the home and look for places that are showing wear. White trim that is cracked can always benefit from a nice patching and paint job.
- Trim the hedges and bushes that have exceeded their growth for the year. Everyone needs haircut now and then and hedges are no exception.
- New patio furniture - tables and chairs can make your outdoor living area look more inviting. Add plants or other accents to add color and warmth.
- Sweep up and clean out the cobwebs from the front door area. A good cleaning of the front lamps and outer door can make a huge difference.
- Replace the welcome mat with a new one.
- Flowers, flowers, flowers! Planted in the plant beds or in containers on the front steps - they will bring your Massachusetts home to life.
Copyright 2010 "Sprucing Up Your Massachusetts Home"
Claudette Millette, Broker, Owner, The Buyers' Counsel - (508) 881-6230