This is great information for Active Rain blogs but also for any blog you write.
BTW - if you don't follow Bill go over to his blog and subscribe now. He shares amazing social media and marketing tips all the time.
By now most of you have probably seen the Facebook "Like" button showing up on a number of popular websites all over the internet. The social networking tool has spread like wild fire as it easily allows a viewer to share something they like online with the visitors of their Facebook page.
To see an example of the Facebook like button in action head on over to my Wordpress blog at Massachusetts Real Estate. At the bottom of my posts you will see the Like button. Since you are going to need practice at this just start hitting the Like button for all of my posts:) The screen shot below is what it looks like.
I will put the real like button at the bottom of this article so don't try clicking here!
There are a number of plug-ins at Wordpress which makes adding this to your blog a snap. I am willing to bet that there are numerous people that would love to be able to have the Facebook Like button on their Active Rain blogs so I am going to show you how to do it.
This would be a great feature for Active Rain to have as a built in tool but until then I am going to show you how to do it manually.
I know there are lots of you guys that are not tech savvy so I am going to try to make this as easy to follow as I possibly can.
Here are the Facebook Like Button steps:
- Create a post like you normally would and go public with it.
- Copy and paste the URL for your post
- Got to the social plug-in developers page at Facebook found here....Facebook Like Button You are probably going to want to bookmark this page as a favorite on your computer for easy reference.
- Once you are on the page you will see the "URL to Like box" at the bottom of the page.
- Insert the URL of your Active Rain Post into this box.
- Hit the get code button.
- You will be given a code that you will go back and insert into your Active Rain post. (Use the code at the top.)
- This is an HTML Code so you are going to need to put your Active Rain post into the HTML mode 1st.
- Place this code into the place where you want the Like Button to appear. Most likely at the bottom. Hit save and it should now be appearing in your Active Rain blog!
It is that easy guys to add the Facebook Like Button!
Related Real Estate Social Media Articles:
About the Author: The above Real Estate information on adding a Facebook like button to your Active Rain blog was provided by Bill Gassett, a Nationally recognized leader in his field. Bill can be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone at 508-435-5356.
Have a home to sell in Metrowest Mass? I have a passion for Real Estate and love to share my marketing expertise!
For Metrowest Massachusetts Real Estate and homes see Massachusetts Real Estate. Want to have MLS access to beat other buyers to your dream home? Sign up with no obligation at my MLS Property Finder Site.
I service the following towns in and around Metrowest Massachusetts: Hopkinton, Milford, Upton, Southboro, Westboro, Ashland, Holliston, Mendon, Northboro, Shrewsbury, Hopedale, Medway, Grafton, Northbridge, Uxbridge, Franklin, Framingham and Douglas MA.
Click here to view Bill Gassett's Real Estate profile.
Building lasting relationships by helping people move in and out of Metrowest Massachusetts for the last 24 years.