Today, it was 94 with 58% humidity. Now that can be a bit rough on us people...but what about our animals that are outside.
Heat stroke is a common thing for our pets, so here are just a few things to think about...
1. Does your pet have enough clean water to make it through the day?
2. Does your pet have a way to get out of the hot sun?
3. Unexpected storms pop up every year...does your pet have a shelter if one is needed to get out of the elements?
4. I your pet is restrained...is it in danger from wild animals that may make a meal of it. (This is an occurrence that is on the upswing!)
5. Does your pet have the insect contol...Fleas, ticks and flies just to name a few.
6. Do you give your pet some personal attention each and every day. They deserve that also. If not...Why do you have them?
I am sure there are many more items that will come up...but this is a good start. What other things should we watch for. Let me know and make sure you give your area.
And Remember...Be kind to your pet!