Mortgage Credit Certificate for Columbus first time home buyers

By
Real Estate Agent with HER Realtors

Ohio Mortgage Credit Certificate for Columbus first time home buyers

MCC stand for Mortgage Credit Certificate

How does the OHFA (Ohio Home Finance Agency) MCC (Mortgage Credit Certificate) work? 

From their site:

"Homebuyers who qualify for the program receive a Mortgage Credit Certificate from OHFA, which can be used to reduce their household's tax burden every year for the life of their mortgage loan. With an MCC, a percentage of what you pay in mortgage interest (20, 25, or 30%) becomes a tax credit that you can deduct dollar-for-dollar from your income tax liability. The remaining 80, 75, or 70% of your mortgage interest continues to qualify as an itemized tax deduction, as long as you have sufficient tax liability. The MCC Program cannot be used in conjunction with OHFA's First-Time Homebuyer Program."

Is MCC (Mortage Credit Certificate)  just for first time home buyers?  NOT necessarily...

First time home buyer (not owned their primary residence for 3 years)

OR

Buying in a targeted area

OR

Veteran with an honorable discharge

MCC (Mortgage Credit Certificate)  has been around forever...

In the early 90's I had a client campout overnight... in line to be quailfied to receive the OHFA MCC (Mortgage Credit Certificate.)  Thank goodness you don't have to do that anymore.  

An antiquated aspects to the MCC program....

MCC uses 1980 Census info to determine what are target, and non target... areas.  

OHFA - Mortage Credit Certificate  - Participating Lenders

Real Living Mortgage - June Zepp 614-825-8806

or

Arlington Bank - Brian Hitchcock 614-486-9174

Mortgage

Grants for Grads  - OHFA

Do you use birth control? 

 

 

 

Posted by

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


This post provided by Maureen McCabe HER Realtors*

Contact Maureen McCabe of HER Realtors* - 614.388.8249

HER Realtors  Maureen McCabe

Search Columbus mls

email: MaureenatMaureenMcCabe.com  at = @

*Real Living HER

Information is deemed to be accurate but should be verified to your satisfaction.  Information provided herein is supplied by several sources and is subject to change without notice.  Opinions expressed are solely those of Maureen McCabe.

 


 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Home Buying
Location:
Ohio Franklin County Columbus
Tags:
first time home buyers
mortgage
ohfa

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
1,480,478

Maureen McCabe

Columbus Ohio Real Estate
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information