- Executors or control persons are often located out of town.
- Estate attorney may be hard contact or communicate with.
- Time delays due to court / executor / trustee approval process.
- Unoccupied residence may not "show well".
- Valuable personal property must be properly secured.
- Household items must be properly allocated or disposed & records kept.
- Importance of accurate, independent and objective appraisals.
- Importance of having an; insurance, security and housekeeping / maintenance plan.
- Multiple beneficiaries increase the likelihood of family disputes.
- Emotional strain on family; grief, emotional paralysis and guilt associated with disposing of loved ones property.
To establish a probate real estate marketing plan go here
To Join our Probate Realtor Linkedin Group go here
By understanding and professionally addressing these unique needs a probate realtor can become an important asset in settling a family's estate. Skills established in this niche area will be rewarded by building of a "reputation of excellence" with estate attorneys and other professionals.