Addison Pacesetters Learn About the Addison Community Garden at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse

By
Real Estate Agent with United Real Estate TX #0552717

Addison Pacesetters (the 50+ group) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse Dunn Bros Coffee, Addisonon Beltline Road and learn about the Town of Addison.  This month, Neil Hewitt, member of the Addison Arbor Foundation, spoke to us.  Here are some interesting tidbits from his presentation.

  • In April 2009, the Addison Parks & Recreation Department conducted a survey. A community garden ranked 3rd on the wish list of the participants.
  • Attendees at the Addison Arbor Foundation pledged to participate in the community garden.
  • The Addison Pacesetters have informally discussed the community garden concept and displayed enthusiastic support.
  • The design and project plan for the community garden is 80% complete.  In order to maintain Addison's high standards, time and money are required to complete the other 20%.
  • The infrastructure of the community garden is ahead of schedule and should be completed by June 15th.
  • The grand opening is scheduled for September, 2010.
  • The gardens are located at the south west corner of the Addison Athletic Club property (across from the entrance to the outdoor pool).
  • Charter memberships will be accepted starting in July: 50 hours of volunteer time, $100 fee, name on plaque displaying charter members (but volunteer hours begin accumulating now).Addison Arbor Foundation - Neil Hewitt

Next month, the first Wednesday is July 7th.  Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.

Posted by

Lorrie Semler, e-PRO, GRI, SRES, CPRES, CRS
Addison Resident/Addison Specialist                                                      Subscribe Button
Real Service. Real Results. Real Estate.
United Real Estate
972-416-3417

http://www.AddisonUpdate.com                                                                                                                         

2011 Recipient of Addison Magazine's Readers Choice
Award for Best Residential Real Estate Agent.     

Information About Brokerage Services                                                         

                                                                                                

    Find me on the Web:

Lorrie Semler Facebook Lorrie Semler LinkedInLorrie Semler Twitter

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate General Information
Location:
Texas Dallas County Addison
Groups:
All Thing's Texas
Area Events
Local Expert
Posts to Localism
Tags:
addison
addison tx
addison texas
addison pacesetters

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
1,076,062
Sharon Parisi
United Real Estate Dallas - Dallas, TX
Dallas Homes

Just one more plus for living in Addison!

Jun 09, 2010 04:19 PM #1
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
1,298,086

Lorrie Semler, REALTOR® in the Dallas area. Call/text 972-416-3417

Real Service. Real Results. Real Estate
Want more information? Just ask!
*
*
*
*

Additional Information