Mold and Mildew is a serious problem in many homes. With more and more homes sitting vacant, due to REO's and other homeowner issues, it is important to understand a little more about the issues of Mold and Mildew.
The Illinois Department of Public Health has helped the general public to understand a little more about the subject by offering FREE information, in the form of a brochure, entitled "Mold and Mildew". In this publication you will learn . . .
- What does mold need to grow?
- What are sources of moisture in my home?
- How can I be exposed to molds?
- What health effects can be caused by exposure to mold?
- Should I be concerned about mold in my home?
- What is Stachybotrys?
- Can my home be tested for mold?
- What can I save and what can I get rid of?
- How can I clean moldy surfaces?
- How can I reduce my exposure to the mold while cleaning it up?
In addition, the Illinois Department of Public Health provides additional Web Resources and books that include:
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygieniests, Inc.
- American Industrial Hygieniest Association
- Book - "Indoor Biological Pollutants" 1992
If you would like me to email you this FREE publication from the Illinois Department of Public Health, send me your contact information and email and I'll send it right out to you. In addition, if you are currently dealing with a mold or mildew issue and need a professional to help, I have found a reliable and low cost alternative that services the Chicagoland and Northwest Suburbs. I'd be happy to forward you their information as well.