Daytona Beach is known as "The World's Most Famous Beach!" Where else can drive directly on the sand and park your vehicle for a little fun and sun!
During the summer our beaches get packed with people picnicking or playing sports.
Our beaches are active and caution must be taken because Daytona Beach allows parking right on the sand.
Here are just a few safety rules you should follow to get the most out of The World's Most Famous Beach!
- Because it is not uncommon for people to walk on the beach, there is a speedlimit you must follow. In order to appreciate the beauty and site seeing it is helpful to follow the speed limit on the beach. 10 mph
- Because we share this beach with plant life and marine life its important to park in designated areas as well as leave the natural habitat alone unless of course you are fishing.
- There clearly is a path where cars drive so make sure and do not sunbath in their path.
- One thing is certain there is a time frame in which you can drive on the beach, no night driving leave that to the beach patrol and other emergency vehicles as well as the city.
- No pets or acholic beverages on the beach. Don't worry plenty of places to get yourself a cold one and cool off!
- You can grill but just clean up after yourself so the next person who wants to enjoy the beach will have the opportunity.
- In Daytona Beach you can surf and jet ski be smart and utilize the designated areas.
- Fair warning if you drive your car on the beach, make sure you leave before the tide comes in and don't let yourself get stuck in the sand.
- One last thing, bring sunscreen, plenty of water when playing in the sun and water it sure doesn't feel as hot but the damage that can happen with sun poisoning and sunstroke can put a damper on the day!
If you have never been to the World's Most Famous Beach, all that I have to say to you is check it out and visit you will see why so many love living and playing in Daytona Beach!