I recently was at a home inspection with my buyer. A little voice said, "Don't bring your digital camera, bring your video camera". I first thought this was ridicules. I never brought a video camera to a home inspection; this would be a waste of time. I brought it anyway and taped the house while the home inspector was doing his job. I got back home and uploaded the video to YouTube so the buyer could see the house when he wanted to.
Little did I know that he showed this video to his co-workers, friends, family and so on. They said to my client, "Wow my realtor didn't do that for me when I bought my house, what's your realtor's name?" I started getting leads from his friends and family immediately. I said to myself this is crazy, leads from a home inspection, unbelievable.
Here's what I learned from this incredible discovery:
1) Video holds the buyers' interest while there waiting to go to closing.
2) Video allows the buyers to plan how they're going to decorate their house.
3) Vendors are able to give estimates without having to go into the house before closing.
4) They buyers showed the house to all there friends and family before they went to closing, my sphere of influence started to grow before the sale was made.
5) I got referrals immediately.
Thanks for letting me share.......